Antworten
niffi
PA Redakteur
PA Redakteur
Favorite Music: Hot Water Music
Favorite Movies: Once Upon A Time In America
CHIMAIRA: Neuer Drummer

Beitrag von niffi »

Andy Herrick hat die Band verlassen. Hier sein Statement von der offiziellen Homepage
http://www.chimaira.com

Andy Herrick has left Chimaira. Here is his statement.

"As many of you might know by now, I have decided to leave my brothers in Chimaira to pursue other interests. This was a very difficult and emotionally taxing decision, and it was something I had been pondering for quite a while. Basically, I am really burned out on the touring lifestyle. It takes a special kind of person to be on the road 3/4 of the year, performing night after night. You have to live it and love it 100% or it will break you down. Unfortunately, the schedule got the best of me. I got to the point where I wasn't having fun performing anymore, and that is extremely hard to deal with.
I plan on returning to college to finish my degree that's been on hiatus for 5 years. As far as drumming goes, right now all I know is that I have been very unhappy with my playing for a while, and after some time off I want to really improve in every aspect and become more well rounded as a musician. Perhaps even some session work could be in order in the future. Music has been a major part of my life, ever since I first started music lessons in 1986, and more so when I first picked up a pair of drumsticks in 1988, so we will see what happens in the future. I just want to take everything one day at a time.
Chimaira is in good hands now, with Richard Evensand taking over. I had the pleasure of watching him play on two tours with Soilwork, and he is incredible. Trust me, you will all be saying "Andy who?" when you hear him!
I'd like to thank my Chimaira bros for five years of great memories and accomplishments, my family and girlfriend for their support, Roadrunner Records, Scott Koenig, Stick Shefrin, Ian Friedman, our road crew, all the great drum companies I've worked with, all the great friends I made on the road, and all the great fans.
I am fully confident in the continued success of the band, and I will be there supporting them 100%, just like you all should!

Best wishes to everyone,
Andy Herrick"

This may come as a shock to most of you, but we assure you this changes nothing for Chimaira. No shows have been canceled, no plans have been put to rest....we continue to overcome enormous obstacles and we persevere through and through. We wish Andy the best and we welcome our new drummer Ricky.
So with the new year, the new chapter in Chimaira begins....
Chimaira 2004
Antworten